If you are on nay of the old smartphone devices, be aware that WhatsApp will stop working from 2020on some of the older devices. WhatsApp is ending support for a few older versions of Android and iOS devices.
As per this report, WhatsApp will stop working on millions of devices. If you are a fan of the popular messaging app (is there anyone who is not, by the way?), you will lose access to the app quite soon. The latest system requirements page on WhatsApp official site clearly states that you need to have the following minimum software requirements –
- Android running OS 4.0.3+
- iPhone running iOS 9+
- Select phones running KaiOS 2.5.1+, including JioPhone and JioPhone 2
If you are on an older version of Android and iOS operating systems, you will be able to use WhatsApp on your devices only up to a select period as per the following guidelines –
- Android versions 2.3.7 and older until February 1, 2020
- iOS 8 and older until February 1, 2020
Notably enough, all the smartphones running the Windows Operating system will lose support on December 31, 2019. That would effectively put any iPhone before iPhone 5, and almost all the Android devices launched before 2010 will stand to lose connectivity on WhatsApp. Some prominent Android devices in this list would include Google Nexus One, Samsung Epic 4G, and Motorola Droid X.
- How to choose the best keyboard?
- What Is The Role Of Cartoons In Children Development?
- Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 releasing on the same day, fans plan a Keanu Reeves’ day
- WhatsApp will stop working on these phones in 2020
- Methane Pulse detected in South Sudan wetlands, scientists suspect climate change as reason
- Saturn’s moon has developed some tiger stripes, and the scientists reveal the reason
- Google Chrome brings improved security features
- Microsoft finally announces Windows 10 Mobile is dead
- Juice WRLD Autopsy report inconclusive, need for more investigations
- Snapchat launches a new feature – lets you edit your face into videos
- Climate Change effect – World’s Oceans are losing Oxygen
- Kim Kardashian throws a Jurassic Park themed party for son’s birthday
- Google Assistant gets a new capability to take notes
- “Reno 911” is making a comeback after 10 years – on Quibi!
- Chinese scientists create Monkey- Pig Hybrids
- Microsoft claims it has found over 44 million users with Password Security issues
- Birds are getting smaller in size, scientists blame it on Climate Change
- Instagram now asks new users to provide their date of birth
- The New Digital Tax Regime – Will it hit US Tech firms?
- Peloton stands by its ad – says it was misinterpreted