The world of TV has not remained what it was just a few years ago. There has been a huge list of celebrities who have made it big enough in the TV industry. To facilitate the best performers, the Television Academy honors the people who have helped the industry grow through its Hall of Fame recognition.
This year, the TV Hall of Fame is set to receive five new inductees. The prominent names among these include Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company Bob Iger, five-time Emmy-winning performer Seth MacFarlane and three-time Emmy winner Cicely Tyson. The other two eminent inclusions are TV executive and entrepreneur Geraldine Laybourne and five-time Emmy-winning director Jay Sandrich.
It may be interesting to note that this is the 25th year of TV Hall of fame. “It’s an honor to welcome this distinguished group of individuals into the Hall of Fame and to acknowledge their remarkable contributions, which continue to shape our industry.” said a statement issued by Frank Scherma, chairman, and CEO of the Television Academy.
Bob Iger has been the CEO of Disney since 2005 and has been instrumental in acquiring the entities like Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfim and 21st Century Fox. MacFarlane, on the other hand, has been a multitalented personality in the TV arena. He has donned many roles in the past that include writer, director, producer, animator, actor, singer, comedian, and an Oscars host.
Cicely Tyson does not need an introduction as she has been known as the Hollywood Legend. Her roles in the miniseries over the time have been memorable, some honorary mentions being “The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman,”, “Roots,” “King,” and “Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All.”
The five new inductees will be felicitated at the Hall of Fame ceremony planned on Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2020 at the Television Academy’s Saban Media Center.
- Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 releasing on the same day, fans plan a Keanu Reeves’ day
- WhatsApp will stop working on these phones in 2020
- Methane Pulse detected in South Sudan wetlands, scientists suspect climate change as reason
- Saturn’s moon has developed some tiger stripes, and the scientists reveal the reason
- Google Chrome brings improved security features
- Microsoft finally announces Windows 10 Mobile is dead
- Juice WRLD Autopsy report inconclusive, need for more investigations
- Snapchat launches a new feature – lets you edit your face into videos
- Climate Change effect – World’s Oceans are losing Oxygen
- Kim Kardashian throws a Jurassic Park themed party for son’s birthday
- Google Assistant gets a new capability to take notes
- “Reno 911” is making a comeback after 10 years – on Quibi!
- Chinese scientists create Monkey- Pig Hybrids
- Microsoft claims it has found over 44 million users with Password Security issues
- Birds are getting smaller in size, scientists blame it on Climate Change
- Instagram now asks new users to provide their date of birth
- The New Digital Tax Regime – Will it hit US Tech firms?
- Peloton stands by its ad – says it was misinterpreted
- An Alien planet found around the White Dwarf
- TV Hall of Fame – Cicely Tyson, Bob Iger, and Seth MacFarlane among the five new inductions