This question should have always come to your mind – how does the world around us appear to your pets? Or for that matter any other animal around you? You can find it out now, thanks to a new tool developed by the scientists. The tool converts an image to let you see how a bee, a fish or any other mammal perceives the thing before it.
If you have been an ardent follower of science, you would have known that the animals perceive the colors, light, and brightness differently than we humans do. It has more to do with the eye adaptations that these animals have gone through over the course of evolution. However, there were no means so far for the humans to experience the things precisely.
All that is set to change for the better. A new open source software developed recently can be installed on any average smartphone and can simulate the vision of the chosen animals. Referred to as MicaToolbox, the software has been in beta as of now. The details of the study behind the invention have been published in a paper.
Researchers from the University of Queensland and a British team at the University of Exeter have jointly worked on the concept. The open source application is now available for the researchers and amateur animal lovers alike.
- How to choose the best keyboard?
- What Is The Role Of Cartoons In Children Development?
- Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 releasing on the same day, fans plan a Keanu Reeves’ day
- WhatsApp will stop working on these phones in 2020
- Methane Pulse detected in South Sudan wetlands, scientists suspect climate change as reason
- Saturn’s moon has developed some tiger stripes, and the scientists reveal the reason
- Google Chrome brings improved security features
- Microsoft finally announces Windows 10 Mobile is dead
- Juice WRLD Autopsy report inconclusive, need for more investigations
- Snapchat launches a new feature – lets you edit your face into videos
- Climate Change effect – World’s Oceans are losing Oxygen
- Kim Kardashian throws a Jurassic Park themed party for son’s birthday
- Google Assistant gets a new capability to take notes
- “Reno 911” is making a comeback after 10 years – on Quibi!
- Chinese scientists create Monkey- Pig Hybrids
- Microsoft claims it has found over 44 million users with Password Security issues
- Birds are getting smaller in size, scientists blame it on Climate Change
- Instagram now asks new users to provide their date of birth
- The New Digital Tax Regime – Will it hit US Tech firms?
- Peloton stands by its ad – says it was misinterpreted