Remember the classic Comedy Central series Reno 911? The series came to an abrupt end ten years ago. However, the all-time favorite series getting a revival through the mobile-first streaming platform – Quibi. Comedy Central is set to make the seventh series for the Quibi platform.
The original creators of the series Robert Ben Garant, Thomas Lennon, and Kerri Kenney-Silver have again been entrusted with the duty of reviving the series. They will write and act in the series. In fact, writing is a little in the lighter vein here as most of the dialogues are normally improvised during the shoot.
“We are very excited to partner with Ben, Kerri and Tom, three of the most gifted multi-hyphenates in comedy, to bring more of their iconic series ‘Reno 911!’ to the world,” claimed the joint heads of the original content on Comedy Central, Sarah Babineau, and Jonas Larsen.
There is no word on how many of the original star cast will be making a return with the seventh season. It may be noticed that many of them have already passed away. The series ran successfully between 2003 and 2009. There was a movie based on the series in 2007 as well.
The makers believe that the short content model on Quibi makes it best suited for Reno 911. Most of the content on Quibi is of ten minute duration. As Lennon puts it out aptly, “Quibi’s short format seems custom made for our show.”
Coming to Quibi, it is a mobile only streaming service and is going live in April 2020. At the launch, the service will come with two plans – the $ 4.99 plan will come with ads and the second $ 7.99 plan will offer a completely ad-free experience.
- How to choose the best keyboard?
- What Is The Role Of Cartoons In Children Development?
- Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 releasing on the same day, fans plan a Keanu Reeves’ day
- WhatsApp will stop working on these phones in 2020
- Methane Pulse detected in South Sudan wetlands, scientists suspect climate change as reason
- Saturn’s moon has developed some tiger stripes, and the scientists reveal the reason
- Google Chrome brings improved security features
- Microsoft finally announces Windows 10 Mobile is dead
- Juice WRLD Autopsy report inconclusive, need for more investigations
- Snapchat launches a new feature – lets you edit your face into videos
- Climate Change effect – World’s Oceans are losing Oxygen
- Kim Kardashian throws a Jurassic Park themed party for son’s birthday
- Google Assistant gets a new capability to take notes
- “Reno 911” is making a comeback after 10 years – on Quibi!
- Chinese scientists create Monkey- Pig Hybrids
- Microsoft claims it has found over 44 million users with Password Security issues
- Birds are getting smaller in size, scientists blame it on Climate Change
- Instagram now asks new users to provide their date of birth
- The New Digital Tax Regime – Will it hit US Tech firms?
- Peloton stands by its ad – says it was misinterpreted