Peloton invited a huge barrage of mockery for one of its holiday ads. After even the 48 hours mocking thrown at it, the company has stood by its ad and says it was highly misinterpreted. It has also made it clear that thee are no plans to pull the ad.
A statement from the company stated “Our holiday spot was created to celebrate that fitness and wellness journey. While we’re disappointed in how some have misinterpreted this commercial,..”
The brand made it a point to share the emails that people sent to it in support of the ad. The ad was all about the idea behind gifting the stationery bike as the best Christmas gift for wives. The wife is excited about the gift in the ad and then explains the journey of her fitness regime.
Here is the most maligned ad of recent times that created controversy –
The backlsh was not only from the social media, but even the stock market too was seemingly apprehensive. The stocks of Peloton went down by 6 percent over the Thanksgiving weekend. However, in the days where companies tend to cave in to the public demand, the decision of Peloton of holding on to its stand is indeed quite unique in itself.
It may be noticed that this is not the first time that the Peloton ads were targetted. However, this time the ad stands and will not be yanked off. And they have a reason for it – thanks to the controversy or without it , the ad has certainly clicked and people are liking it despite the sexist tag.
- How to choose the best keyboard?
- What Is The Role Of Cartoons In Children Development?
- Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 releasing on the same day, fans plan a Keanu Reeves’ day
- WhatsApp will stop working on these phones in 2020
- Methane Pulse detected in South Sudan wetlands, scientists suspect climate change as reason
- Saturn’s moon has developed some tiger stripes, and the scientists reveal the reason
- Google Chrome brings improved security features
- Microsoft finally announces Windows 10 Mobile is dead
- Juice WRLD Autopsy report inconclusive, need for more investigations
- Snapchat launches a new feature – lets you edit your face into videos
- Climate Change effect – World’s Oceans are losing Oxygen
- Kim Kardashian throws a Jurassic Park themed party for son’s birthday
- Google Assistant gets a new capability to take notes
- “Reno 911” is making a comeback after 10 years – on Quibi!
- Chinese scientists create Monkey- Pig Hybrids
- Microsoft claims it has found over 44 million users with Password Security issues
- Birds are getting smaller in size, scientists blame it on Climate Change
- Instagram now asks new users to provide their date of birth
- The New Digital Tax Regime – Will it hit US Tech firms?
- Peloton stands by its ad – says it was misinterpreted