Finally, the final nails have been drilled through the coffin for Windows 10 Mobile OS. The support for Windows 10 Mobile comes to an end on December 10, and that spells the end of mobile OS development from Microsoft.
Of course, that should not mean any of the Windows 10 mobile devices will not work. They will continue working, but they will not receive any updates – regular or security. Under the official realms, the service and the platform will cease to exist.
The older or initial devices that ran on Windows 10 stopped receiving support in June this year. If you have any of the last lot of devices that ran on Windows 10 Mobile, it is time you retired your devices and moved on. These devices include HP Elite x3, Microsoft Lumia 550, 650, and the Lumia 950/950 XL; Alcatel IDOL 4S and 4S Pro; and the Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL.
Microsoft Store may or may not work. Microsoft wasn’t forthcoming about that. Apps will be supported for the time being, but how long will the support continue? Microsoft leaves the onus on the developers.
You are expected to take a backup on or before March 10, 2020. You can make use of reliable options for backing up your data. “Automatic or manual creation of new device backups for settings and some applications will continue for 3 months, ending March 10, 2020,” Microsoft has stated.
It was evident that Microsoft was ditching the Windows 10 Mobile operating system when it launched the Surface Duo. The new device will run on Android. Experts in Microsoft affairs had already expected the demise of Windows 10 mobile operating system back then.
- How to choose the best keyboard?
- What Is The Role Of Cartoons In Children Development?
- Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 releasing on the same day, fans plan a Keanu Reeves’ day
- WhatsApp will stop working on these phones in 2020
- Methane Pulse detected in South Sudan wetlands, scientists suspect climate change as reason
- Saturn’s moon has developed some tiger stripes, and the scientists reveal the reason
- Google Chrome brings improved security features
- Microsoft finally announces Windows 10 Mobile is dead
- Juice WRLD Autopsy report inconclusive, need for more investigations
- Snapchat launches a new feature – lets you edit your face into videos
- Climate Change effect – World’s Oceans are losing Oxygen
- Kim Kardashian throws a Jurassic Park themed party for son’s birthday
- Google Assistant gets a new capability to take notes
- “Reno 911” is making a comeback after 10 years – on Quibi!
- Chinese scientists create Monkey- Pig Hybrids
- Microsoft claims it has found over 44 million users with Password Security issues
- Birds are getting smaller in size, scientists blame it on Climate Change
- Instagram now asks new users to provide their date of birth
- The New Digital Tax Regime – Will it hit US Tech firms?
- Peloton stands by its ad – says it was misinterpreted