Google today updated its Chrome browser. The latest version 79 now brings more security features and aims at improving the performance standards. The prime among the new features is anti-phishing functionality added on the platform.
One of the new unique options we observed was a new password checkup tool. This will scan your password and compare it with the credentials that were found to be compromised in a data breach. In case a match is found, you are advised to change it from every instance where you have used these credentials. The feature was available as part of an extension till now and now part of the browser itself.
Google now also offers anti-phishing capability on your browser. The Safe Browsing feature on Chrome now keeps a list of unsafe sites and updates the list every 30 minutes. The feature is being released now to offer the functionality of anti-phishing in real-time. Google said this is designed to “Make searches and browsing better.”
A few other features include tab freezing to avoid CPU usage when a large number of tabs are open. It will also start looking for the sites with mixed content in an HTTPS site. This comes into the force when a secure site hosts thee insecure scripts on it. Going forward, such sites are likely to be affected severely in terms of ranking.
- Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 releasing on the same day, fans plan a Keanu Reeves’ day
- WhatsApp will stop working on these phones in 2020
- Methane Pulse detected in South Sudan wetlands, scientists suspect climate change as reason
- Saturn’s moon has developed some tiger stripes, and the scientists reveal the reason
- Google Chrome brings improved security features
- Microsoft finally announces Windows 10 Mobile is dead
- Juice WRLD Autopsy report inconclusive, need for more investigations
- Snapchat launches a new feature – lets you edit your face into videos
- Climate Change effect – World’s Oceans are losing Oxygen
- Kim Kardashian throws a Jurassic Park themed party for son’s birthday
- Google Assistant gets a new capability to take notes
- “Reno 911” is making a comeback after 10 years – on Quibi!
- Chinese scientists create Monkey- Pig Hybrids
- Microsoft claims it has found over 44 million users with Password Security issues
- Birds are getting smaller in size, scientists blame it on Climate Change
- Instagram now asks new users to provide their date of birth
- The New Digital Tax Regime – Will it hit US Tech firms?
- Peloton stands by its ad – says it was misinterpreted
- An Alien planet found around the White Dwarf
- TV Hall of Fame – Cicely Tyson, Bob Iger, and Seth MacFarlane among the five new inductions