The world’s first Monkey – Pig hybrids have come into being. The Chinese scientists have successfully created the first ever Monkey-pig hybrids. This can be an excellent option that would help us develop human organs in animals.
The scientists extracted the stem cells from the macaque monkeys, grew them in the lab and then injected them inside a pig embryo. They were injected in an embryo after five days of fertilization. Over 4000 embryos were implanted in a sow through an IVF procedure. The findings were posted on New Scientist. Out of these ten piglets were born and only two survived.
Image – New Scientist
The piglets were called moinkeys and had monkey cells in a very low ratio. The Chimeras were born, but died within a week. However, it was the first time that the chimeras were born live in the history of similar experiments. It may be remembered that a similar experiment was carried out in 2017 and involved human and pig DNA.
The feat was achieved by the State Key Laboratory of Stem Cell and Reproductive Biology in Beijing. They used genetically modified monkey cells so that they can be monitored.
Scientists are planning to repeat the experiments with more of monkey DNA so that healthy Chimera animals are created. The actual plan is to use these Chimera animals to grow healthy human organs so that they can be easily transplanted. The study is seen as being a great way in letting the team behind this venture “one step closer to producing tissue-specific functional cells and organs in a large animal model…”
- How to choose the best keyboard?
- What Is The Role Of Cartoons In Children Development?
- Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 releasing on the same day, fans plan a Keanu Reeves’ day
- WhatsApp will stop working on these phones in 2020
- Methane Pulse detected in South Sudan wetlands, scientists suspect climate change as reason
- Saturn’s moon has developed some tiger stripes, and the scientists reveal the reason
- Google Chrome brings improved security features
- Microsoft finally announces Windows 10 Mobile is dead
- Juice WRLD Autopsy report inconclusive, need for more investigations
- Snapchat launches a new feature – lets you edit your face into videos
- Climate Change effect – World’s Oceans are losing Oxygen
- Kim Kardashian throws a Jurassic Park themed party for son’s birthday
- Google Assistant gets a new capability to take notes
- “Reno 911” is making a comeback after 10 years – on Quibi!
- Chinese scientists create Monkey- Pig Hybrids
- Microsoft claims it has found over 44 million users with Password Security issues
- Birds are getting smaller in size, scientists blame it on Climate Change
- Instagram now asks new users to provide their date of birth
- The New Digital Tax Regime – Will it hit US Tech firms?
- Peloton stands by its ad – says it was misinterpreted