We all know the climate change has been affecting us to a serious extent. However, scientists have observed yet another huge effect of climate change.
You would not believe it – the latest study has come to the conclusion that the birds have been shrinking in size. Scientists are blaming it on the global temperature changes and the climate warms. The study was published in the Ecology Letters journal.
The study was undertaken by a team of scientists from the University of Michigan. The team examined a sample of more than 70,716 bird specimens. These specimens were collected between 1978 and 2016. The study involved 52 species of migratory birds in the US.
The study concluded that over the last 38 years, the body size of the birds reduced. Meanwhile, the wingspans were found to be increasing. Scientists did conclude that the birds opted for the adaptation. This was in tune with the climate change.
“Other studies have found a relationship between temperature and body size similar to what we found, but this is the most consistent result…What we don’t know is the extent to which the shrinking bird is an adaptive response to climate change. Are they able to keep up with warming temperatures or are they lagging behind?”- summed up Benjamin Winger who is the senior author of the study and an assistant professor of ecology and evolutionary biology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
- How to choose the best keyboard?
- What Is The Role Of Cartoons In Children Development?
- Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 releasing on the same day, fans plan a Keanu Reeves’ day
- WhatsApp will stop working on these phones in 2020
- Methane Pulse detected in South Sudan wetlands, scientists suspect climate change as reason
- Saturn’s moon has developed some tiger stripes, and the scientists reveal the reason
- Google Chrome brings improved security features
- Microsoft finally announces Windows 10 Mobile is dead
- Juice WRLD Autopsy report inconclusive, need for more investigations
- Snapchat launches a new feature – lets you edit your face into videos
- Climate Change effect – World’s Oceans are losing Oxygen
- Kim Kardashian throws a Jurassic Park themed party for son’s birthday
- Google Assistant gets a new capability to take notes
- “Reno 911” is making a comeback after 10 years – on Quibi!
- Chinese scientists create Monkey- Pig Hybrids
- Microsoft claims it has found over 44 million users with Password Security issues
- Birds are getting smaller in size, scientists blame it on Climate Change
- Instagram now asks new users to provide their date of birth
- The New Digital Tax Regime – Will it hit US Tech firms?
- Peloton stands by its ad – says it was misinterpreted