In a first, the scientists have found a new planet that is associated with a white dwarf star. This has proved one thing that wasn’t known till now – that dead stars can have their own planets. For the first time in the recorded history of science, the scientists have found a planet circling a mammoth dead star which is called a white dwarf.
The study was undertaken at the University of Warwick in the United Kingdom and was headed by Boris Gänsicke. The research is published in one of the recent editions of the Nature. In fact, a wide range of stars in our galaxy, or elsewhere end their life and finally end up as white dwarfs.
Image – https://www.eso.org/
The previous studies have found asteroids, comets, and other planetary bodies hitting or orbiting he white dwarfs. Finding an actual planet around a white dwarf is indeed a huge step. “This discovery is major progress, because over the past two decades, we had growing evidence that planetary systems survive into the white-dwarf stage,” say the study lead Boris Gänsicke.
The study had its beginnings in the emission of hydrogen, oxygen and sulphur from the white dwarf. Since this was unusual, scientists further moved ahead with their studies and found that these gases weren’t coming from the star, but from a “planet” surrounding it.
This study can be quite helpful enough in understanding the final fate of planetary systems and can guide the scientists in achieving the best results.
- How to choose the best keyboard?
- What Is The Role Of Cartoons In Children Development?
- Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 releasing on the same day, fans plan a Keanu Reeves’ day
- WhatsApp will stop working on these phones in 2020
- Methane Pulse detected in South Sudan wetlands, scientists suspect climate change as reason
- Saturn’s moon has developed some tiger stripes, and the scientists reveal the reason
- Google Chrome brings improved security features
- Microsoft finally announces Windows 10 Mobile is dead
- Juice WRLD Autopsy report inconclusive, need for more investigations
- Snapchat launches a new feature – lets you edit your face into videos
- Climate Change effect – World’s Oceans are losing Oxygen
- Kim Kardashian throws a Jurassic Park themed party for son’s birthday
- Google Assistant gets a new capability to take notes
- “Reno 911” is making a comeback after 10 years – on Quibi!
- Chinese scientists create Monkey- Pig Hybrids
- Microsoft claims it has found over 44 million users with Password Security issues
- Birds are getting smaller in size, scientists blame it on Climate Change
- Instagram now asks new users to provide their date of birth
- The New Digital Tax Regime – Will it hit US Tech firms?
- Peloton stands by its ad – says it was misinterpreted